About Me:

Kathryn Zettl
Hometown: Morehead City, NC

I have been living in Charleston, SC the past 2 years and attended the Medical University of SC where I got my degree in Occupational Therapy. I recently took a traveling therapy job so I will be moving to a different city about every 3 months, hence the reason for this blog. I want all my friends and family to stay connected with me as I make my trek across the US. With that said I invite all of you to follow my travels, kitchen endeavors, and occasional mischief :)

My Lovely Family

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Live Music Capital of the World, Hello Austin!

Great food and live music were alive and well in Austin last weekend. It was a spur of the moment trip that will go down in the record books! The day's festivities included exploring in a trendy area on Congress st. featuring unique stores, open market and even one of my new favorites....food trucks! Really, every city should have more food trucks (do I see a potential 2nd career in my future?)

Hey Cupcake! foodtruck
The rest of the foodtruck fleet.


 We also ate at a Frank Hotdogs and Cold Beer. Mom and Dad you guys would have loved this place! Anna and I being from NC had to go with "the Carolina pork it"; a hotdog wrapped in bacon and deep-fried with fresh slaw and pimento cheese, wrapped in a corn pancake style bun. Need I say more?


We finished the night with a late dinner at the Roaring Fork and then hit 6th street for some live music and bar hopping. A longer trip to Austin is already in the works!


No comments:

Post a Comment